2020 Class Schedule & Pricing
Spring 2020: We are so thrilled that our virtual session went so well. Classes were full and students were learning, laughing, creating, and sweating. We are watching the local numbers and are developing a plan for the winter/spring session. We will post it here and send an email when we have a solid, safe plan.
Fall 2020 – 9-week virtual session *This class schedule is condensed (fewer class options and shorter classes) for the fall session.
- Yearly registration fee: $20/class
- Discounts: Sibling discount – $25/year (for each additional child)
CMAD classes with Miss Amber, assisted by various teaching artists and occasional guest instructors: (Sorry for the formatting, it is what it is in this crazy year.)
- Creative Tots & Pre-K Dancers (age 3 & 4)……….Wednesday, 4:45-5:25………$63.00
- Kinder Kids & Youth I: Ballet/Jazz (ages 5-7)…….Wednesday, 3:45-4:40……..$76.50
- Youth II/III: Ballet/Jazz/Modern (ages 7-10)……….Monday, 3:30-4:35…………..$85.50
- Youth IV: Ballet/Modern (ages 9-11)………………Wednesday, 5:30-6:35…….$85.50
- Youth IV & Beg. Teen Jazz (ages 9-14)………….Monday, 5:50-6:40…………..$72.00
- Youth V-VII: Ballet, Modern, Comp. (ages 11-16)……..Wednesday, 6:40-7:55……….$94.50
- Youth V-VII: Pre-Pointe & Jazz (ages 11-16)………….Monday, 4:40-5:45…………..$85.50
CMAD Classes by Bin-Shin:
- Ballet I/II & Cultural Dance (ages 6-8.5)…………….Tuesday, 4:10-5:00………….$72.00
- Youth Int. Ballet & Cultural Dance (ages 8.5+)…….Tuesday, 5:10-6:10………….$81.00
Fall 2020: Sept. 14 -Nov. 11 *Due to classes being online, there will be no specific "parent observation" week. You will easily hear all that happens during our classes since they will be taking place in your home! Feel free to pop in whenever works for you! *Tentative Winter/Spring 2021: Jan 4-April 26th (We will update this when we have more information on the state of COVID-19 throughout the fall.) *March ____: Family observation week for all classes *No classes the week of HCPS Spring Break *April ____: Observation day for Creative Tots only
WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS & FAMILY OBSERVATION DAYS
We strongly believe that it is important for parents to know what is happening in our classroom so that you can encourage and talk to your children about what they are learning. Announcements about our word of the week and dance steps that we are learning will be made to parents at the end of each class.
*Family Observation Days are held twice in the first semester and once in the second semester at CMAD because we believe that it is important for you to understand our class structure. It is also important for your dancer to have the opportunity to share what they have learned. On mid-semester watch days, parents are invited to observe our whole class as we continue through our lessons. The last watch day of first semester is similar to an in-class recital. The dancers will present a few demonstrations of technique, examples of explorations covered in the prior weeks, and end with dance routines that show off what they have learned as well as student-led choreography! (Dates for watch days are under “Schedule.”)
INCLEMENT WEATHER: *For our fall 2020 session, unless there is a power outage, we will still be able to hold classes virtually regardless of weather. (When we are able to hold in-person classes, if schools or after-school activities are closed, CMAD will hold the classes online.)
DANCE ATTIRE: *For Fall of 2020, please encourage your dancer to dress in dance attire for class, even though they are at home. This will help them feel like they are moving from free time to dance class. Hair should still be pulled back. Footwear is whatever works best on the surface at your home. *Socks are best on carpet.
All students are expected to be in movement attire for dance class and hair that is long enough should be tightly secured away from the face. Traditionally ballet dress codes function with a binary understanding of gender, and assign specific attire requirements to male-identifying and female-identifying dancers. We welcome students of all gender identities, and allow all dancers to choose from any of the options listed for their class level below:
- Option A: Leotard of any color, and footed or convertible tights (pink or flesh tone of the dancer’s choosing), ballet shoes (pink or flesh tone of the dancer’s choosing). Skirts must be attached to the leotard for ages 3-7 to prevent them from being a distraction and tutus are better left at home for dress up attire.
- Option B: Pants or shorts that are not too baggy, fitted solid colored T-shirt. Black ballet shoes.
- Option C: Workout attire (leggings and a fitted top), shoes appropriate for the class genre.
*New in 2021-2022 – The Spring Show fee is part of the class fee for our spring session. If you are paying for the full year to receive a 5% discount on classes, it has been wrapped into that fee. If you are paying per session, it will be part of the 2nd session fees. Please see information on the Spring Show Info page if you have any questions.